Thursday, February 12, 2009

"Betch" versus "Bitch": A Rebel Deb Explains the Subtle Difference...

So, there's this girl who works for me...

Or shall I say "betch?"

Actually, no. I won't call her a "betch," because betches are what make the rockin' world go round...

This girl, on the other hand?

She is the quintessential anti-betch, betches.

In fact, I would go so far as to call her a "bitch."

I won't go too much into detail, but suffice it to say that she works for me. Indirectly. She works for something who works for me. And she contacts me occassionally to send me appointments for various business meetings...

Anywho.

She'll a tad too snarky sometimes. A tad anxious or critical or whatever sometimes. And I totally get that. I was an assistant once myself at a BIG ASS talent agency in LA, so I totally understand how it feels to be in her knock-off D&G's every morning, dealing with clients from noon till night...

But, today... let's just say... she pulled an Anti-Betch.

Just to clarify:

"Betches" are clean, sexy, cool women who express themselves and their minds with dignity and poise. They're never push-overs, but never pushy.

Like So:

"Hawt road-trip Betches."

"Bitches," on the other hand, are hellish cat-demons who, much like cops, drag queens, cab drivers and the occassional bouncer, wield their tiny insignificant slice of power with a huge, brass-knuckled fist!

Like So:

"Bitches from Hell."

This girl was not a "betch." She was a "bitch."

She basically calls me up today (and every day) with the attitude that I work for her, as opposed to vice versa, and starts treating me like I'm a bad person for going out of town on the weekends... and why? Because I'm not immediately available for whatever appointment she wants me to take the very next day.

Aren't your agents (and their assistants) supposed to work for YOU? Isn't that kindof, like, why you pay them a commission?

Who knows?

All I've got to say is: Step off.

xoxo,
Rebel Deb

No comments: