Monday, May 17, 2010
Hey, ya'll. Since I've spent the last four weeks flying all over the place, I've had time to compile a list of my FAVORITE books, just in time for this summer's beach trip... check out these hot titles, sure to satisfy all your wordie (kinda like a foodie! You like?) cravings!
1) FEAR OF FLYING by Erica Jong -- one of my all-time personal favorites. Get ready to be stimulated, empowered and excited, ladies!
2) ARE YOU THERE, VODKA? IT'S MY CHELSEA by Chelsea Handler -- hilarious! I couldn't put it down! A great read!
3) A MERCY by Toni Morrison -- beautiful, poignant, powerful. Need I say more? It's Toni effing Morrison, folks. Read it. NOW.
4) A TICKET TO THE CIRCUS by Norris Church Mailer -- a personal friend and all-around great lady!
5) MY HORIZONTAL LIFE by Chelsea Handler -- ditto my comment above from "AYTV, IMC?"
6) THE HEIGHTS by Peter Hedges -- the writer/director of What's Eating Gilbert Grape and another friend of mine!
7) TWENTIES GIRL by Sophie Kinsella -- not nearly as annoying as some of her other titles, although the whole ghost thing is kinda... well, yeah. You get it.
8) CHELSEA CHELSEA, BANG BANG by you-know-who -- maybe not as good as her first two, but still very funny! And I love the touching parts about her Mom and her doggie, Chunk.
9) SOMETHING BORROWED by Emily Giffin -- an oldie but a goodie. Extra brownie points: Emily's a fellow Wake grad and Southern girl. :)
10) THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO by Alexandre Dumas -- hey! It's an amazing read and considered classic literature for a reason, folks! I know it's a hefty for summer reading by the pool, but trust me (like all good investments in life) it's WELL WORTH the wait.
Happy reading errrybody!
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Check out my headliner in this month's issue of SKIRT! Atlanta...
Confessions of a Rebel Debutante Signing
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
"Confessions of a Rebel Debutante" author Anna Fields will be in Atlanta at the Borders in Buckhead at 2 pm for a reading/signing. After being kicked out of Cotillion classes in her hometown of Winston-Salem, NC, Anna went to a yankee school, headed to L.A. where she had a disastrous stint as Diana Ross's personal assistant, came back east to the Big Apple, where she worked for one of the Bravo Real Housewives and realized you can never take the South out of the girl!
Sunday, May 30, 2010 - 2:00pm
3637 Peachtree Rd. NE, Ste. C
Atlanta, GA 30319
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Monday, May 3, 2010
Straight off the presses! Here are the winners of the latest Rebel Deb giveaway! And, I think it's pretty cool none of them are from Debutante country, either.
#1 -- Lisa Chamblee of Fort Smith, AR
#2 -- Cheryl C. Malandrinos of Wilbraham, MA
#3 -- Natalie Wadel of Bonners Ferry, ID
Thanks so much for entering to win, ladies! I hope you enjoy reading my book as much as I enjoyed writing it. :)