Monday, February 16, 2009

Blowjobs: Sex or ... Well, What the Hell Else Could They Be?

Last night, I had dinner with a lovely editor-friend.

Over an ass-widening amount of Latin food, we started comparing numbers...

You know what I mean: The Number. (of guys we've been with)

Since she's a tiny bit older than me, I expected her number to be proportionately higher... but in fact it was almost exactly the same. This struck me as a little weird, considering I'm a bit of a serial monogamist and tend to go from one serious relationship straight into another.

"Why," I wonder, "Is her number the same as mine? She's older, has lived in NYC 10+ years longer than me, AND she keeps several boy-toys around for those late-night cravings. What's the dealio with that?"

And, coming to no conclusion, I asked.

"Well, what do you consider sex?" was her response... "Do you consider blow-jobs sex?"

"Um," I said, and thought on it... "Pretty much yeah. Actually, yes. Definitely."

"Why?"

"Well, it's called oral sex, for one thing. Thus, implying that it's labeled as sex. And also, it involved penetration, pleasure and all the other dirty things, right?"

"Yeah, but it's not the same thing as like SEX sex."

"Yeah, I get it. But it's still sex, right?"

"Honey, if I believed that, my number would jump by like 30 people."

Which made me think:

How many folks out there don't consider blow jobs sex? And if it's not sex, what is it? It's certainly not the same as masturbation -- it's not like the chick at your lap is the same as your hand or a Downy paper towel or whatnot...

Come on, folks! What's the deal with everybody turning all Bill Clinton-like with the sex defs??

This Rebel Deb would like to know!

xoxo,

Rebel Deb

No comments: