Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Why is Feminism Awesome? Because It Lets You Be a PERSON, Not a Random List of "Womanly Job Qualities"



OMG! Whatever will we do? Women have been so busy educating ourselves and becoming productive members of society that we've neglected to do our "real" jobs, like cooking and cleaning! Boo-effing-hoo. Australia? YOU SUCK, MATE.

According to theFrisky.com...

"Whatever will the menfolk do?! Us modern hussies not only paint our lips and wear britches, but we’re losing our valuable lady skills too. There’s a study out of the Courier-Mail newspaper in Australia about how women under 30 are losing “female” skills, like cooking, cleaning and sewing. Only 20 percent of women under 30 surveyed said they could bake a cake and only 51 percent could cook a roast. Women of the Baby Boomer generation, however, said 85 percent could cook a roast and 45 percent could bake a cake.

I have never in my life needed to bake a cake or cook a roast. You know what? I don’t care to learn. But here is a list of more modern “womanly” skills the women of The Frisky do possess, which are a helluva lot more important:

I can pay my bills on time.
I can find a job.
I can multi-task.
I can keep my cool in stressful situations."


And most importantly, I'M NOT STUCK IN SOME STEREOTYPICAL IMAGE THAT SHOULD'VE DIED IN THE 1950's.

So there, Australian Courier-Mail Newspaper. Suck on THAT, you sexist freaks.

xoxo,
Rebel Deb

No comments: