Monday, May 17, 2010

The Rebel Deb's Summer Reads!


Hey, ya'll. Since I've spent the last four weeks flying all over the place, I've had time to compile a list of my FAVORITE books, just in time for this summer's beach trip... check out these hot titles, sure to satisfy all your wordie (kinda like a foodie! You like?) cravings!

1) FEAR OF FLYING by Erica Jong -- one of my all-time personal favorites. Get ready to be stimulated, empowered and excited, ladies!

2) ARE YOU THERE, VODKA? IT'S MY CHELSEA by Chelsea Handler -- hilarious! I couldn't put it down! A great read!

3) A MERCY by Toni Morrison -- beautiful, poignant, powerful. Need I say more? It's Toni effing Morrison, folks. Read it. NOW.

4) A TICKET TO THE CIRCUS by Norris Church Mailer -- a personal friend and all-around great lady!

5) MY HORIZONTAL LIFE by Chelsea Handler -- ditto my comment above from "AYTV, IMC?"

6) THE HEIGHTS by Peter Hedges -- the writer/director of What's Eating Gilbert Grape and another friend of mine!

7) TWENTIES GIRL by Sophie Kinsella -- not nearly as annoying as some of her other titles, although the whole ghost thing is kinda... well, yeah. You get it.

8) CHELSEA CHELSEA, BANG BANG by you-know-who -- maybe not as good as her first two, but still very funny! And I love the touching parts about her Mom and her doggie, Chunk.

9) SOMETHING BORROWED by Emily Giffin -- an oldie but a goodie. Extra brownie points: Emily's a fellow Wake grad and Southern girl. :)

10) THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO by Alexandre Dumas -- hey! It's an amazing read and considered classic literature for a reason, folks! I know it's a hefty for summer reading by the pool, but trust me (like all good investments in life) it's WELL WORTH the wait.

Happy reading errrybody!

xoxo,
Rebel Deb

No comments: